If you’re still on 0.12 (or before), please see the 1.0 upgrade notes in the documentation for important information.
This release fixes a problem introduced in rc2 that caused the cart to get exponentially slower when adding multiple items to a session order (the default type for the cart until the customer choose to checkout). Because of this bug, it would not be possible to add more than 2 or 3 items to the cart before it would hit either server memory or time limits for the request. Special thanks to Uros for reporting this issue.
As of rc3 you can also (and should) use the new multi-currency pricing and price types on resource products. This replaced the simple price field, which you should replace with the new pricing TV. Learn more about how to set this up in the documentation
This release also adds a new commerce.render_quantity_price snippet that can be used to output a pricing table for the quantity price type.
The full changelog for 1.0.0-rc3:
- [core] Fix recursive session order loading, causing cart to timeout with a couple of items in it (introduced in rc2)
- [core] Slight comOrderItem taxes refactor; should make it more reliable and a bit faster
- [checkout] Only show tax details if the total tax on the order is not zero
- [dashboard] setFieldValue method on models now takes precedence over set() in the FormWidget
- [products] Add new “Pricing” TV type to add price-type support to Resource Products
- [products] Resource Products now look for a Pricing TV; Price is only used as fallback.
- [pricing] Add PricingInterface->setRegularPrice to allow programmatically setting the normal price
- [snippets] Add commerce.render_quantity_price snippet to render price tables for quantity discounts
- [snippets] Update Twig error catching in commerce.get_matrix snippet