Earlier tonight we released Commerce 1.0.0-rc2 with some bug fixes and improvements following along the 1.0.0-rc1 release from last Friday during the meetup.
If you missed the announcement at the meetup you can watch it on YouTube. The highlights of the 1.0 release include:
- Generating PDF invoices
- All new product price types like Sale and Bulk, will proper multi-currency support
- Free Products you can give away automatically
- Better security by automatically escaping all content in grids in the dashboard
- Being version 1.0, of course.
Please see the 1.0 upgrade notes for breaking changes and things to keep in mind when upgrading. Make sure to start upgrading your staging environments before you do production, as this release may still have some new bugs.
The rc2 release has the following fixes/improvements:
- [core] Add more logic in comSessionCartOrderItem to prevent errors getting logged and to allow more dynamic in-memory tax-calculation
- [dashboard] Fix typo in column for the order logs
- [products] Add comProduct->getPricingInstance method to allow custom products to manually build pricing instances
- [products] Fix price_formatted missing the actual formatting [S19768]
- [products] New/Updated price placeholders: [[+price]] now has current (regular or sale) price, [[+regular_price]] has normal price, [[+rendered_price]] contains HTML with the current and (if set) normal price, [[+price_valid_until]] contains a unix timestamp for when the sale price expires.
- [products] New setRawPricing method to complement getRawPricing for custom products
- [pricing] Added TimeBoundPriceTypeInterface to indicate that price types have a from/until date
- [pricing] Added set/getValidUntil to PriceInterface; used with TimeBoundPriceTypeInterface to indicate when a price expires
- [pricing] Allow using var_dump/print_r on any comSimpleObject and pricing-related objects (in PHP 5.6+) without running out of memory
- commerceguys/addressing updated from v1.0.2 to v1.0.3
- commerceguys/intl updated from v1.0.2 to v1.0.4
- symfony/polyfill-ctype updated from v1.10.0 to v1.11.0
- twig/twig updated from v1.38.2 to v1.38.4