Try to install ContentBlocks 1.8.15-pl on MODX 3.0.0.-alpha3

Hi,

i try to install CB on a fresh MODX 3.0.0-alpha3 installation, but the install process interrupt with “Could not install package with signature: contentblocks-1.8.15-pl”.

I tried it locally (MAMP) and on our live server, but it fails every time. I check the transport package but I can’t find any vehicle file with the missing GUID.

I tried to install CB on latest MODX2 but it fails also. But some weeks ago I installed it locally and on public server without any problems?

I deleted the package, and download it again, same result.

Do you have any idea how I can solve the problem?

Here ist the instalation logfile:

Thanks for the report, I’ll fix the installation on MODX 3 in v1.8.16.

Can you provide the log for the failed MODX2 installation?

Hi Mark,

thanks for the fast reply. Here is a screenshot of the revolution log.

Hm, can you try removing the package and downloading it fresh?

I did it before, but i done it again ^^

My way:

1. I delete the packages inside the Package Manager
  2. I purge all Old Packages inside the Package Manager
  3. I delete every CB related DB entries like system_settings, menus and namespaces, because the uninstall routine dont run
  4. I check on server side that all packages where be deleted
  5. Download and install again, but the same error.

In that case that seems to suggest it can’t do the actual decoding. It gets the decryption key successfully, but somehow that doesn’t work.

I’ve not seen this sort of thing recently, but it may be related to OpenSSL in your PHP configuration. Perhaps that’s something you can look at to make sure that’s up to date?

Ok, I have change the OpenSLL version from 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017 to 1.1.1b 26 Feb 2019

But i get the same result.

I tried to install other of your MODX 3 ready extras like Redactor 3, ClientConfig or Scheduler – no problem.

On a fresh install, i also tried with my private modmore account instead of our company account, but i got the same result.

Also on a fresh 3.0.0-alpha2 (not alpha3) i had no luck …

Hi Mark,

I tried some tests again.

To eliminate local / public server configuration errors, I have run all test inside a Docker environment based on the official modx docker repository.

MODX 2.7.0 / PHP 7.1 => no problem
MODX 2.7.3 / PHP 7.3 => no problem
MODX 3.0.0-alpha2 / PHP 7.3 => same error (Download Log: Dropbox - output-2020-04-27_modx_3.txt - Simplify your life)

After these tests, I have try locally (MAMP) test again.

MODX 2.7.3 / PHP 7.3 => no problem :slight_smile:
MODX 3.0.0-alpha2 / PHP 7.3 => same error like before

Now my working solution to use CB with MODX 3 is:

1. Install MODX 2.7.3
  2. Install CB
  3. Update to MODX 3.0.0-alpha2

Now I hope, that an update of the next version of CB will be run without errors.

Like I said,

I haven’t released v1.8.16 yet.

The issue resulting in message “Could not retrieve the decryption key.” is an issue in the installation code that makes it only compatible with MODX 2.x, not related to PHP versions at all.

The same problem seems to apply to the most recent version of moreGallery (1.11.2) on MODX3.0.0alpha2 (modxcloud.com). I can send you the full console report if necessary, but the last few lines should say everything.

Could not retrieve the decryption key.
Vehicle decac8d7c35fd6320cc61617a367055c in transport moregallery-1.11.2-pl failed to install and indicated the process should be aborted.
Konnte das Package mit der Signatur “moregallery-1.11.2-pl” nicht installieren.

Either this is still a problem or it returned from the grave

Vehicle 8abf2f9507344bd1c9e337574d0f7a20 in transport moregallery-1.11.6-pl failed to install and indicated the process should be aborted.
Konnte das Package mit der Signatur “moregallery-1.11.6-pl” nicht installieren.

MODX 3.0.0-beta2

Happy New Year

The beta did indeed introduce some more changes that we’ll need to update MoreGallery for. And the initial cross-compatibility we had turned out to not be as cross-compatible as we thought…

So the current status is that MoreGallery does not support 3.0-beta and we’ll need to make a 3.0-specific release to get full compatibility. But before we can do that, we need to make changes to our package provider to allow 3.0-specific build processes, so that may take a little bit to complete.

If that takes too long I’ll prepare a quick patch that fixes the installation issue but the full compatibility is going to need more work regardless.

hi Mark, is this still a thing? I tried to install mg on 3.0pl, and I still get the same error message.

Vehicle 9cb8370490010bbd9e36a60463e0168f in transport moregallery-1.11.6-pl failed to install and indicated the process should be aborted.
Could not install package with signature: moregallery-1.11.6-pl

Cheers, patrick