Stuck setting up the scheduler for gitify

Hello,

I am looking to setup Gitify with my BitBucket repo but I am not sure how to use the Gitifywatch with the scheduler. I was able to install both locally via the custom provider but I do not see anywhere in the Modx admin to configure the scheduler. I see that their is a custom snippet you need to run install a scheduler command but I was not quite sure where to do that. Any ideas? I am using modx 2.7 on a local install for now with MAMP but it will go to a Ubuntu server for production.

I also noticed that “Flat file processor support is deprecated since version 2.7.0.” in the modx logs, I am wondering if that maybe the issue?

Thanks,
Brian

I also noticed that “Flat file processor support is deprecated since version 2.7.0.” in the modx logs, I am wondering if that maybe the issue?

See this post about that: https://www.markhamstra.com/modx/2018/deprecated-notices-in-modx-2.7/

When you install Gitify Watch that will create a new task in Scheduler. Make sure you installed Scheduler before Gitify Watch, otherwise it can’t create the task yet.

The plugin that Gitify Watch ships with will take care of scheduling the task whenever a change is made to a resource or element, so you don’t have to do anything in the scheduler component yourself.

You will need to set up the Scheduler cron job so it can run the tasks asynchronously for you. During development you can also trigger assets/components/scheduler/run.php manually by opening it in the browser.

Thank you! I had done the installation reversed with Gitify watch first. I removed both and reinstalled in the correct order now and I see scheduler. I really appreciate it and look forward to trying this out. It seems like a really modern approach to cms development.