An update to the SiteDash client is now available.
v1.4 adds support for remote session garbage collection/control, which helps keep the size of your session tables in check if the server doesn’t do that automatically.
This is enabled in “automatic” mode by default on all sites, and will kick in when sessions older than 4 weeks exist in the sessions table, i.e. that will cause it to clear sessions roughly every 3 weeks. You can change the mode in SiteDash by going to the site > manage > Session GC block to:
- Enabled: run more often, with the interval determined by how many sessions is cleared the last run. This allows the interval to adjust automatically to the level of traffic to your site.
- Disabled: don’t run it ever at all.
It’s not necessary to disable it if your server handles it automatically; the automatic mode will not trigger in that case.
Full changelog for 1.4.0-pl released today and 1.4.0-rc1 quietly released in February:
SiteDash Client 1.4.0-pl
Released on 2021-04-28
- Implement alternative approach to counting removed stale sessions to workaround https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/pull/15393 and allow SiteDash to make scheduling decisions for MODX versions before 2.8.2
- Add extra parameter to the refresh endpoint to skip the session health check. SiteDash may use this in combination with a separate session gc call if refreshes timeout due to large session tables.
- Prevent fatal error in session gc on unsupported environments (PHP < 7.1)
SiteDash Client 1.4.0-rc1
Released on 2021-02-13
- Allow the client to run the PHP session garbage control remotely
- Client now provides session-related server configuration values which the dashboard can use to determine if it should run the session garbage control