Repeater: group fields are lost in duplication and export

When duplicating a repeater, all the fields in the group are lost. The same happens when a repeater is exported. Is this a bug?

Yes, it’s a bug. Hopefully will finally get that fixed in v1.9.

1 Like

Please fix this asap, it’s pain when creating several complicated, but similar, repeater fields. As a workaround I have tried exporting field from the first repeater and then importing into second one. I have eneded with duplicated fields in the first one, because parent field is part of XML and not rewritten to a parent ID I am importing into. I have changed parent directly on database, this solved my problem.

2 Likes

“Now” would be the perfect time to get a fix for this bug, I need to copy several elaborate Repeater fields from one project to another … :wink:

1 Like

Update: On copy the bug is still there, but now in 1.11.0 export and import for repeater fields works, so by that way, one can get a copy with all sub-fields.

I am sorry that took so long to get fixed so finally having that done is a big relief.

1 Like

Does that mean the Import/Export bug is fixed or the whole duplicate CB loses fields settings bug? Like the others, I always check back to see if it is fixed when I have lots of duplicating of similar CB repeaters to do :slight_smile:

What I have found that: 1. Duplicating does not (yet) work, but 2. Export and import of repeater fields work. So instead of directly duplicating the fields, you can just export and import a field. Two steps instead of one, but still saves a lot of clicks.

I guess now that export and import works, duplication will work in one of the next releases as well.

Sometimes I wonder how ya’ll stay so patient with me… oof. To be continued, soon.

Hey Mark,

Don’t worry! I think your support is really very solid! I often wonder how you can keep so many quality products up to date, develop new ones, answer our stupid (or hard) questions everywhere, keep this website running and and and … and still have a life :smile: