Quickstart Buttons for MODX 3?

Hi :slight_smile:

I’m using a lot Quickstart Buttons to simplify the management of my customer’s websites, and I wonder to know if the adaptation of this nice extension is planned for MODX 3 ?
Because the current version is very buggy and not usable at all with the new MODX version :frowning:

On the manager log, I get this error :

[2022-11-08 22:42:19] (ERROR @ /home/PCH/web/website.fr/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modX.php : 1784) Unable to load processor for action “mgr/sets/getList”, it does not exist as an autoloadable class that extends \MODX\Revolution\Processors\Processor, and also not as a file in “/home/PCH/web/website.fr/public_html/core/components/quickstartbuttons/processors/mgr/sets/getList.class.php”

It’s still undecided. MODX 3 already has its own buttons widget built in, although that’s not super straightforward to edit. So that begs the question if we need it for MODX 3.

I reckon we’ll at least make it functional to simplify upgrading, but it’s not currently a major priority.

Thanks for your answer Mark.
I will try to find he doc for new MODX 3 buttons system. Maybe it will make the job :slight_smile:

I did a “quick and dirty” widget for MODX3 to get this result :

The code is available here : Quick and dirty "Quickstart Buttons" remplacement for MODX3, by using a widget with html code. · GitHub

1 Like

To edit the MODX3 buttons, go to System > Dashboards > Widgets tab, click the buttons widget > properties tab.

Thank Mark, but effectively this way is a little bit confuse for me… I didn’t found any doc on these properties Dashboards - Client-proofing the manager | MODX Documentation