Question about storing the CB-Data in the properties field

Hi Mark et al,

Bobray has released a new CustomSearch extra, that makes it possible to search and replace in a huge number of fields in resources, chunks, snippets, etc. Of course changing the content field does not work with contentblocks as it is generated by the CB data in the properties field when saved (if I understand correctly).

In a test version he send me there is also the possibility to search and replace strings in the properties field. I thought it might be possible to use it to search and replace in the properties field to manipulate text in CB. But this does not work. Strings are found in the properties, but replace (via PDO) does not change them. The question is if there is any plugin in CB that might prevent this extra from making changes in the properties field?

Definitely something going on. I went into the database directly and modified a string both in the content and in the properties. I checked the resource and the original text was in the field and in the page preview, even after clearing the cache. The database still showed the changed string.

After clearing the cache several times and re-loading the manager page several times, it finally showed the changed text. I don’t remember exactly how many times I cleared the cache and reloaded the page, but it was more than twice.

There’s nothing preventing the data in the properties from being changed, but note that the data may appear 2 times and both need to be changed.

And when changing the properties you also need to save the resource or trigger a rebuild for it to adjust the content.

Theres no caching between the properties and the manager rendering, except for perhaps cache_db.