Proposal new function for ContentBlocks (Show / Hide Element)

Hi Mark

some customers have worked with Contato or other CMS solutions before working with MODX and ContentBlocks.

CMS Contao works in a similar way. You can also add elements (Text/Images). With Contao, however, you also have the option of hiding / show a single element.

You can currently delete and create new elements on a MODX page. But you don’t have the possibility to hide an element.

It can be very practical, for example, if you prepare a text but do not want to publish it yet.
Maybe it is also a need for other ContentBlocks users. It would be a suggestion for improvement.

Just an idea. Maybe you like the idea? i don’t know how complicated it is to program, but it would probably be an improvement.

4 Likes

It hasn’t been built yet, but I’m like 95% sure this will be in 2.0 :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I would love to have that for “Layouts” also - to disable/hide a whole “Block”. :slight_smile: :v:

1 Like

@mhamstra there already news or a time window for the realization?

@jdaehne Of course, it would also be helpful with layouts.

Nothing to share unfortunately. :slightly_frowning_face:

I just wanted to share that I implemented something like this by myself some time ago, which isn’t as user-friendly as an :eye: - icon, but get’s the job done.

All my elements have a “visibility”-option:

And all my layouts have a “state”-option (show/hide):

Maybe this helps someone :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good idea. You could improve it further by using the multi-select setting as an input type. Then you can set a number of visibility classes independently in one line. I use it for margin- and padding-settings for layouts. And I will now include also a visibility setting.

1 Like