My client has two similar e-commerce websites (one for the UK and the other for France), they both used the same API to access the Paypal Checkout Gateway. Due to legal issues, he was forced to create a separate French PP account, my task was to switch purchase process and get new API access.
What was done:
- I’ve created FR website copy, third-level domain tst.domain.fr
- I’ve got API signature(username, password,signature) at https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/mytools/apiaccess/firstparty/signature (see attached screenshot)
- I’ve placed them to SimpleCart settings (screenshot)
- I checked that PP account has an activated view for the checkout page
- When I try to pay, I get a response: “Error Processing Request”: We’re sorry, we can’t complete your payment now. Please try again later.
If I change connection settings to previous API, I see the checkout page without problems(screenshot).
So problem is probably somewhere on the side of Paypal new account, but I cannot figure out where exactly.
If someone also encountered such Paypal settings, please help me figure out what I might have forgotten.