Options for a single product?

Hi,
I have some products currently using Collections for each product. I want some of the products to have options - the option being style/design. For instance a purse has 7 different design options.
What’s the best way to achieve this?
I’m wondering if I need to alter the way the products are currently being displayed?

Thanks for any help.

Hi @9thwave,

Commerce provides a few different ways out of the box, to offer product variations to customers.

Products TV
I see in your screenshot, you’re already using the products TV so that might be the easiest way to go. Each variation is actually a separate product, that way variations can have different prices if need be.
You would add the extra products to the same TV, and then you can display options for the customer on the product page like shown here:

or here:

Product Matrix
If you need more options than a single dropdown, you could have a look at the “Product Matrix TV”. This would replace the current “Products TV” you are using. A matrix is perfect for something like clothing where you need both size and colour options.

Item Options
For a bit more flexibility there’s also the ItemOptions module which can use multiple Products TVs to add extra items to a base product the customer selects, and the prices is adjusted accordingly.
You can read more about that here:

If the 9 different designs in a single dropdown (or radio buttons) will suffice without other options, then I’d recommend going with the first one. The Products TV.

Let us know if you have any more questions about it!