Linking to an album?

Pardon me as I have edited the content of this post twice now, but I have managed to solve both prior problems I was having.

Basically, I have a preliminary page that displays a list of all of my photo galleries. These galleries are displayed as rows of images, and when you hover over an image, an overlay appears, to which the link to view a full photo gallery is displayed.

I then have a page which is successfully showing all of the photos from the album specified, but I cannot figure out how to make the first page link to the second. I’m sure it is something simple and small that I am missing. I just cannot figure out what to put in the field.

Hey @Brickthenick - is there anything you still need help with or have you figured it all out? :slight_smile:

Hello @mhamstra, yes, I am just struggling to find out how to link the gallery selection page, to the page that displays all of the photos from the selected gallery.

I have templates set up for each of these pages, and they are working perfectly independently, but I do not know what to put in the “a href” field from the first page, to pull up the corresponding album.

I will include some pictures to better illustrate my intentions.

Here is the album selection page

It displays a thumbnail, which when hovered over, displays a link to view the full album.

I just need to make the “view full album” link to the secondary page. How do I do this? As of right now, to display the two pages, I have to manually go into the manager for each resource or album and select “view”.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

I hope I have given enough info as I am very new to all of this.

Hello, is there a solution for this question?

I’m struggling with linking to gallery pages from the album main overview page. I’m following the info on https://docs.modmore.com/en/MoreGallery/v1.x/Multiple_Galleries.html

I assume that in the albumGalleryImage Chunk should be a link to the child resource, but adding one with a href="[[~[[+id]]]]" does not work. Tried some other like a href="[[~[[+resource.url]]]]" - just getting empty a href tags.

Thanks, probably it’s an easy issue I just am too blind to discover :slight_smile:

[[~[[+resource.id]]]]

Alternatively, depending on the desired markup, you can use [[~[[+id]]]] in the albumGallery chunk (so the tpl for getResources).

I’ve updated the documentation to include those placeholders to make it easier to find.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer and documentation update!
With [[~[[+id]]]] it is not working for me (empty a href), with [[~[[+resource.id]]]] it is.