Creating a custom product: bootstrap fails

Me again (now using linux and still trying to create a custom product). I’m now getting successfully through the instructions until I try to run the _bootstrap/index.php which results in the following:

<pre>Loading modX...
Initializing manager...
PHP Warning:  Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in [...]/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php on line 264
PHP Warning:  Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in [...]/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php on line 264
Fatal
Service temporarily unavailable

Could that also be an issue of me trying all of this not on a live server?

Hm, that error seems to come from trying to load data from the database, which fails to prepare but without a detailed error message. Weird!

It’s fine to do it on a local/staging server but you do need to have MODX functional and installed if you haven’t? Did you set up the config.core.php file in the root of your project directory to point to the MODX install? That might also be one of those things that’s prepared with linux/mac in mind.

I now get through bootstrapping with just one warning:

<h5>(ERROR @ /var/www/html/project/_bootstrap/index.php : 54)</h5><pre>PHP warning: Undefined array key "REQUEST_URI"</pre>
Done.

Everything else seemed to work fine, system settings are set as well.
Do I still have to fix something here?

That’s something I’ve been meaning to fix, but only matters if you have any front-end components as part of the extension.

It means the package_name.assets_url system setting is being set incorrectly. You’ll want to set that to the URL the assets directory is at, but that’s probably pre-configured with the path instead.

1 Like