Contexts + Payment

Hi,

I’m curious to know if it will be possible to set different payment recipients across different contexts?

Really looking forward to this extra!

Hi Liam!

Payment methods are configured globally, so if I understand your request properly, no that’s not on the immediate roadmap.

Thanks Mark.

I assume that means it’s just a value in system settings? Would that mean it is still possible though by writing a snippet that says if context is y then paypal is x for example? Then just including the snippet as the global value?

Hi Liam,

No, it’s not system settings. It’s stored in custom database table with no knowledge of contexts.

Someone else recently had a similar need to restrict certain payment methods, and they created a custom payment methods (not payment gateway, but the method objects which hold the configuration) which override the isAvailableForOrder method to fit their needs. That could be a possibility to set different payment methods (and thus recipients), but requires coding.

OK thanks for the heads up, Mark!

I’ll look into it as soon as I get my hands on Commerce :wink:

On a side note of this will I need to register a license for every context if the context denotes a different domain name to the one licensed?