Category in Repeater cannot be saved

After creating, saving and closing a Repeater field I want to change the category. In the edit dialog I change the category and hit the save and close button. But the category ist still empty. Other fields works well.

We’ve had at least two other reports of this, but we just can’t reproduce it no matter what we’ve tried so far! If you can provide any more steps you may have taken with the field(s) that are affected, errors, or configuration that might touch on this, that would be great.

(This is issue #402 in our internal tracker)

Sent you a screen video via email. Hope you got it. Just creating a repeater with nothing in it and no category. Save it, coles it, open it and try to change the category. It would be saved.

My configuration:

• MODx 2.5
  • PHP 5.6.23 also on 7.0.8
  • MySQL 5.5.48

This happens every time for me. Did you track down the cause of it? I have a login I can share if you want to see it in action.

Cheers,

Chris

Inspecting network activity, it looks like category is posted as null when you save:

action:mgr/fields/update
availability:[]
settings:[]
HTTP_MODAUTH: ...
id:39
parent:0
input:repeater
name:Home page boxes
description:
category:2
icon:gallery
icon_type:core
sortorder:20
template:			<a href="[[+link]]" class="box table-col">
				<div class="icon icon-[[+icon]]"></div>
				<h3 class="caps">[[+heading]]</h3>
				<p>[[+text]]</p>
				<div class="more">[[+more]]</div>
			</a>

properties[wrapper_template]:        <header class="lined">
			<h2 class="darkblue blue-txt">ChildHope</h2>
		</header>
		<div class="boxes table-row">
[[+rows]]
        </div>
category:
category:
ext-gen2842-contentblocks-grid-fields-search-filter:Search
ext-comp-1829:20
properties[row_separator]:
properties[max_items]:4
properties[min_items]:0
layouts:
times_per_page:0
times_per_layout:0

This is the network activity from a link field:

action:mgr/fields/update
availability:[]
settings:[{"reference":"linktext","title":"Link text","fieldtype":"textfield","default_value":"","fieldoptions":"","field_is_exposed":"asField"},{"reference":"class","title":"Class","fieldtype":"select","default_value":"btn","fieldoptions":"None=btn \nWhite text=btn white-txt\nLight blue=btn blue white-txt\nDark blue=btn darkblue white-txt\nWhere we rork=find-more dark-txt","field_is_exposed":"asField"},{"reference":"anchor","title":"Anchor","fieldtype":"textfield","default_value":"","fieldoptions":"","field_is_exposed":"asField"},{"reference":"align","title":"Align","fieldtype":"select","default_value":"","fieldoptions":"Default=\nCentered=text-center","field_is_exposed":"asField"}]
HTTP_MODAUTH: ...
id:38
parent:0
input:link
name:Button
description:
category:2
icon:link
icon_type:core
sortorder:19
template:<div class="btn-wrap [[+align]]">
<a href="[[+link]][[+anchor]]" class="[[+class]]">[[+linktext]]</a>
</div>
properties[link_detection_pattern_override]:
properties[limit_to_current_context]:1
layouts:
times_per_page:0
times_per_layout:0

For some reason you have three category values there - the first value is correct. If we can find out where those others are coming from, that sounds like the root problem.

There are a couple of extra hidden fields with the name of category:

<input type="hidden" name="category" id="ext-gen1222" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="category" id="ext-gen1226" value="">

Comparing against my dev site, I’m not seeing those additional categories getting posted and I don’t see something like ext-gen2842-contentblocks-grid-fields-search-filter in the post either. It almost sounds as if it’s posting along data from the fields group grid on the properties tab?

That’s what I thought might be happening too. Do you want me to set you up a login so you can see it happening?