Blank thank you page, no emails sent

I recently had a problem with FormIt whereby the formit plugin with the ! in it caused the page with the form on it to be blank, and I am not sure if this is related. Because of the issue I am testing the order process (on the live site) in commerce and everything works up to the point it comes back from the payment processor (in this case PayPal). It goes to the thank you page url but the page is blank until I refresh. No order email is received by the merchant or the customer either yet emails are working and FormIt (after fixing the issue) is now working. Are the blank page and emails not sending related or could there be another reason order emails aren’t being sent. Thanks

I’d start by checking your servers’ (php) error log, it sounds like a fatal error. I honestly can’t say if there’s any relation to your formit issue or the email sending without seeing that.

Hi Mark, this is what I am getting when I turn errors on. I am using PHP 7.3

Deprecated : __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /home/ministryofcraft/public_html/core/model/modx/mail/phpmailer/PHPMailerAutoload.php on line 45

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Class ‘modmore\Commerce_mPDFWriter\Writer’ not found in /home/ministryofcraft/public_html/core/components/commerce_mpdfwriter/src/Modules/mPDFWriter.php:44 Stack trace: #0 /home/ministryofcraft/public_html/core/components/commerce/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(184): modmore\Commerce_mPDFWriter\Modules\mPDFWriter->getPDFWriter(Object(modmore\Commerce\Events\PDFWriter), ‘core.pdf.get_wr…’, Object(Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher)) #1 /home/ministryofcraft/public_html/core/components/commerce/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(46): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch(Array, ‘core.pdf.get_wr…’, Object(modmore\Commerce\Events\PDFWriter)) #2 /home/ministryofcraft/public_html/core/components/commerce/model/commerce/commerce.class.php(775): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch(‘core.pdf.get_wr…’, Object(modmore\Commerce\Events\PDFWriter)) #3 /home/ministryofcraft/public_html/core/components/c in /home/ministryofcraft/public_html/core/components/commerce_mpdfwriter/src/Modules/mPDFWriter.php on line 44

Can you try removing and re-installing the mpdfwriter extra?

If that doesn’t work and you have composer around, try running this command in the core/components/commerce_mpdfwriter/ directory:

composer dumpautoload -o

That will optimize the autoloader which seems to resolve issues with classes not being found due to some weird conflict.

Removing the package, purging old packages and then reinstalling seems to have solved the issue. Thanks