403 forbidden using MoreGallery

Hi,
I host a website on PlanetHoster and there is a Web Application Firewall (WAF) active on it.
In order to have MoreGallery working properly (the sorting of images wasn’t working) i had to deactivate several rules :

ID : 341256
info : Atomicorp.com WAF Rules: Possible Cross Site Scripting attack (detectXSS)
message : Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). detected XSS using libinjection.
Uri : /assets/components/moregallery/connector.php?resource=2573

ID : 340148
info : Atomicorp.com WAF Rules: Potential Cross Site Scripting Attack
message : Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Pattern match “(?:< ?script|< ?(?:i?frame ?src|a ?href) ?= ?(?:ogg|tls|ssl|gopher|zlib|(ht|f)tps?)\:/|document\.write ?\(|(?:<|< ?/) ?(?:(?:java|vb)script|applet|activex|chrome|qx?ss|embed)|< ?/?i?frame\b|< ?img src ?=|< ?base href ?=)” at ARGS:full_view.

ID : 350148
info : Atomicorp.com WAF Rules: Potentially Untrusted Web Content Detected
message : Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Match of “rx ((?:submit(?:\+| )?(request)?(?:\+| )?>+|<<(?:\+| )remove|(?:sign ?in|log ?(?:in|out)|next|add|envoyer|modifier|select|continue|weiter|account|results)(?:\+| )?>+)$|^< ?\??(?: |\+)?xml|^<samlp|^>> ?$)” against “REQUEST_URI” required.

ID : 350147
info : Atomicorp.com WAF Rules: Potentially Untrusted Web Content Detected
message : Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Match of “rx ((?:submit(?:\+| )?(request)?(?:\+| )?>+|<<(?:\+| )remove|(?:sign ?in|log ?(?:in|out)|next|modifier|envoyer|add|continue|weiter|account|results|select)(?:\+| )?>+)$|^< ?\??(?: |\+)?xml|^<samlp|^>> ?$)” against “ARGS:full_view” required.

I know nothing about WAF configuration but i had a lot of troubles with hacked modx websites by the past and i’m not very comfortable with these needs to deactivate those rules. :confused:
Do you know if there is something we can do/configure/change to avoid this situation?

Depending on the WAF you can try to disable those rules specifically for moregallery or requests with a referer from the manager. But yes those rules that work by looking for specific patterns are very easy to accidentally trip up.