Generating your Content Canvas... this should only take a moment

Hi,
just upgraded to 1.7.0-rc1 and now i get this error when trying to edit a template.
Generating your Content Canvas… this should only take a moment.

any idea what this is? and how to get rid of it?
RDg

That’s a bug which is fixed in the next release.

ok keep me posted.

RDG

I have the same problem.
When do you fix it, because i had to finish a site.
Thank you

I’ll make rc2 available in the next 30 minutes or so.

1.7.0-rc2 is now available.

Note that you need to enable pre-releases on your API Key to update to the release candidate. It looks like we accidentally forgot to assign rc1 to the right channel, but that’s now been resolved as well.

We use the pre-releases channel to give people the choice between latest stable release (1.6.4), or a newer release which may still have bugs (like the one in this thread).

Hi Mark,

unfortunately I am not able to update to 1.7. at the moment. Could you give me a hint which files to edit in 1.6.4. to fix this issue?

@devumapp: this issue was introduced with 1.7.0-rc1, so if you’re still on 1.6.4 you may be encountering a different problem?

Hi Mark, you are right, sorry. When creating a template, instead of the Javascript Errors I have a 500 Internal Server Error shown in the console:

POST https://[mydomain]assets/components/contentblocks/connector.php 500 (Internal Server Error)

Text in the Template Builder is “Loading Data”

This happens when editing or adding a new template and clicking on the “Create Tempalte” Button. The problem occured after updating to 1.6.4

Can you check the response of that AJAX request? There might be a PHP error in there that can point to the reason. If there isn’t anything there, it’s hopefully in the MODX or PHP error log instead.

I’m not aware of any specific issues in 1.6.4…

Some details regarding the request (“form data”):

action "mgr/template_builder/getvars"

The response content copied as HAR from Firebug:

"content": {
        "mimeType": "text/html; charset=UTF-8",
        "size": 0,
        "text": ""
      }